Free delivery on orders over £25

What to look for when buying Deodorant for Kids?

Scent vs. Scent-Free

Kids want to smell great and therefore fragrance is the number one factor for kids when they chose a deodorant, so make sure the smell is sensational!

For kids who are little reluctant, a sweet-smelling deodorant can convince them to actually use it daily. Most deodorants for kids have options that have a light fragrance that isn't too overpowering unlike adult deodorants.

However, if your child is sensitive to scents then maybe a fragrance-free, natural smelling option would be a better choice.


The skin under your child's arm is delicate, sensitive, and still developing. To ensure the deodorant that they are using doesn't cause a rash or otherwise irritate them, opt for a highly natural formula.

Antiperspirant vs Deodorant

While the terms are often used interchangeably, anti-perspirants and deodorants are not the same. Antiperspirants are designed to limit sweat production while deodorants are designed to eliminate underarm odour. Deodorants get rid of body odour by covering it up, while antiperspirants actually stop or dry up sweat. Most antiperspirants include aluminium in order to block the sweat glands while deodorants typically do not.

Teens and tweens going through puberty may find antiperspirants to be necessary while younger kids can typically stick to deodorant to keep their armpits fresh throughout the day. Before reaching for either product, decide what you think your child needs and then read the ingredients and the description to be clear on what you are buying.  

Product Format

Whether it's a spray, roll on, cream stick or powder make sure it's easy for your child to use. Most schools don't allow sprays so opt for a roll-on or cream stick they can keep in their sports bags.


Sens Deodorant is highly natural - 98% in fact - the other 2% is the fragrance. Our unique gender-neutral fragrance has been designed specifically to appeal to teens & young people. The fragrance has notes of bergamot, lemon, mandarin, jasmine, neroli and petitgrain. Sens Deodorant is aluminium-free and comes in a cream stick for easy application. The ingredients are 100% vegan and cruelty-free, the pack is fully recyclable and it's made in the UK.

Click the link for more info: Natural Deodorant – Sens Bodycare

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published